What You Need (serves 4)
- 1kg (2.2 lb) mixed vegetables (such as carrots, onions, potatoes, cauliflower, courgettes, peas, beans, turnip)
- 150g (6oz) can chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 400g (16oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 300ml (½ pint) vegetable stock (made from 1 stock cube)
- 1-2 teaspoons cornflour (mix to a paste with a little of the stock)
How To Make It
- Peel and prepare the vegetables and cut into even sized cubes.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large saucepan. Add the vegetables.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender and the stock has reduced.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Accompaniments could include chapatti, pitta bread, mango chutney and mint yoghurt dip.
Recipe kindly provided by the Grampian Dietitians.