Spicy Bean Hotpot
What You Need (serves 4)
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 2 medium sized carrots (chopped)
- 2 medium sized courgettes (sliced)
- ½ red or green pepper (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or olive oil
- 200g (8oz) can of chopped tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon tomato puree
- ½ medium or a small can of baked beans
- ½ can of kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ tablespoon sweet pickle
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
How To Make It
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the mixture is thick and the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve with baked potatoes.
Try these variations:
- Serve with boiled rice, cous cous or pasta.
- For more flavour add garlic and herbs during cooking.
Recipe kindly provided by the Grampian Dietitians.