Tutti Fruiti Cake Bites
What You Need (makes 9-12 cake bites)
- 50g (2oz) oats
- 50g (2oz) sultanas
- 15g (½oz) glace cherries, quartered
- 4 trifle sponges, crumbed
- 300mls (½ pint) semi-skimmed milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the oats, sultanas, cherries and sponge crumbs together.
- Put into the base of a greased 8 inch square tin.
- Whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla essence together in a bowl and then pour into the tin, on top of the sponge crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until set.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Recipe kindly provided by the Community Dietitians of North East Wales NHS Trust.