What You Need (makes 8-10 flapjacks)
- 75g (3oz) polyunsaturated margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 75g (3oz) soft brown sugar
- 1 large banana mashed
- 200g (8oz) rolled oats (porridge oats)
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the margarine, honey and sugar into a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat, stir in the banana and oats, and mix thoroughly.
- Press into a lightly greased small square baking tin (approx. 1 inch deep).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Try making different flapjacks:
- Banana and sultana flapjack: add half a cup of sultanas and reduce the sugar content by 25g (1oz).
- Instead of banana try other fruits such as pureed/finely chopped apple, peaches or apricots.
Recipe kindly provided by the Community Dietitians of North East Wales NHS Trust.