Baked Stuffed Apples
What You Need (serves 4)
- 4 medium cooking apples
- 100g (4oz) dried fruit (sultanas, raisins or chopped apricots)
- 4 tablespoons apple or orange juice or water
- 15g (1 tablespoon) polyunsaturated margarine (optional)
How To Make It
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Carefully remove the core from the apples without breaking them and make a shallow cut through the skin around the middle of each one.
- Stand them in a shallow ovenproof dish, fill the centres with dried fruit and pour a little juice into each apple.
- Top with a small knob of margarine if liked.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the apples are soft.
Try eating this with low-fat yogurt, fromage frais or low fat custard.
Recipe kindly provided by Grampian Dietitians