Try our fantastic dip, its packed full of goodness and suprisingly tasty.
What you need
- 2 slices of wholegraine bread
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ to ½ tsp of cayenne (depending on taste)
- 4 medium red peppers
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of raspberry or red wine vinegar
- ½ cup of walnuts
- Toasted bread, pitta pieces, crudités
How to make it
- Place under a hot grill, turn occasionally until charred and blistered all over. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Spread walnuts in a metal baking pan and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees until toasted.
- In a sauce pan toast cumin over a low heat for one to 2 minutes until very fragrant.
- Remove skin from peppers and discard along with the seeds. Cut peppers into large pieces.
- Place toasted walnut in a blender and whiz until well ground, add roasted peppers, cumin bread, vinegar, olive oil and cayenne. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with pitta slices, toast triangles and crudites