Try this refreshing take on the traditional salsa. Serve as part of a buffet or as a party dip with tortilla chips.
What you need:
- juice from 1 pomegranate, or 60ml (2 fld oz) of pomegranate juice
- pomegranate flesh from 2-3 large pomegranates
- 1 deseeded chilli pepper finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped yellow pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
How to make it:
- Open up the pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Separate the seed sacs or pomegrate flesh (arils) from the white pith. The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the pith will float to the top. Place the arils in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the pomegranate juice (if making from fresh) by passing the flesh of one pomegranate through a juicer.
- Mix all ingredients together. Serve with tortilla chips. Salsa will keep in the refrigerator, for 2 to 3 days.