Enjoy this alternative to the traditional roast. Serve with roasted red peppers and tomoato and coriander sauce
What you need
- 200g (8oz) ground peanuts
- 100g (4oz) hazelnuts or walnuts, chopped
- 300g (12oz) left over vegetables, e.g. potato, carrot, parsnip, courgette, aubergene
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pepper to taste
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 170oC or gas mark 3. Line loaf tin.
- Fry vegetables and onion in oil for 10 minutes.
- Mix vegetables with other ingredients.
- If the ingredients are too sloppy add some breadcrumbs, if too dry add a little vegetable stock.
- Press into a greased loaf tin, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with boiled rice, tomato and coriander sauce and roasted red peppers.