Turkey with Cashew Nuts
Use up the left over turkey or chicken with this recipe, a cut above the rest!
What you need
- 12oz of cooked turkey flesh cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp Chinese wine or sherry
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp cornflour
- ½ tbsp rapeseed, olive or vegetable oil
- 4 chopped spring onions
- 25mm (1inch) of root ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 110g (4oz) cashew nuts
How to make it
- Mix the cornflour, half the wine and the egg white together and add the turkey to this mixture,
- Heat the oil in a wok or large heavy pan and add the onions, garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the turkey mixture and stir fry until thoroughly reheated.
- Pour in the rest of the wine, soy sauce and stir.
- Add the cashew nuts and heat through.
- Serve with boiled rice and steamed broccoli.