Festive Brussel Sprouts
What you need
- 75g (3oz) wholemeal bread crumbs
- 2 tblsp (1oz) sunflower, olive or corn oil
- Zest from the skin of 1 lemon
- 2 tblsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 kg (2lb 4oz) Brussel sprouts
- Black pepper
How to make it
- In a large frying pan, warm the oil over a medium heat and and stir in the breadcrumbs until coated.
- Fry for 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, until golden in colour.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the zest from the lemon, the chopped parsley and season with black pepper.
- Prepare the sprouts by removing outside leaves. Boil or steam until tender but still firm. About 5-10 minutes.
- Place the sprouts in a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the warm crumbs and serve immediately.
- Note: Topping can be prepared a little ahead of time. Allow to cool place in a sealed plastic container and then re-warmed in a frying pan just prior to serving