Minced Beef Tortilla Wraps
What You Need (serves 4)
- 400g (1lb) minced beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (de-seeded and chopped)
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 295g (12oz) can condensed Oxtail soup
- 200ml water
- 8 large tortillas
- 150g (6oz) half-fat Cheddar or 100g (4oz) mature Cheddar (grated)
How To Make It
- Brown the mince, add onion and pepper.
- Stir in the chilli, soup and water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture equally between tortillas and roll up.
- Place the tortillas in an ovenproof dish, top with the cheese and grill until golden.
- Serve with salad.
- Other minced meats can be used e.g. turkey, chicken, lamb or pork.
- Strips of chicken, steak or pork can be stir fried with garlic and chilli.
- Soup can be substituted for a jar of salsa sauce.
- For an even healthier option (less salt, more vegetables) the soup and water can be replaced with a can of tomatoes and seasoned to taste.
- To make a vegetarian version, use the canned tomatoes as above and swap the minced beef for minced Quorn or a can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained (add them after frying the onions and peppers in 2 teaspoons of oil).