Smoked Fish Chowder
What You Need (serves 4)
- 2 medium potatoes (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 250ml (1/2 pint) fish or vegetable stock
- 160g (6½oz) smoked haddock (skinned)
- 120ml (4fl oz) semi-skimmed/skimmed milk
- 140g (6oz) canned or frozen sweetcorn (drained)
- Parsley to garnish
How To Make It
- Place the potatoes and onions in a large pan.
- Add the stock and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the fish into bite sized chunks and place in a saucepan with the milk.
- Bring the milk to the boil then simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- When the potatoes in the soup are soft, gently mash about one third of them in the pan, then add the fish and milk together with the sweetcorn. Heat through without boiling.
- Serve garnished with parsley, accompanied by oatcakes or crusty bread.
Recipe kindly provided by Grampian Dietitians.