What You Need (serves 2)
- ½ lettuce, cut into pieces
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- ½ green pepper, cut into strips
- ½ onion or 2 spring onions, sliced
- Reduced-fat salad dressing (bought or homemade – see below)
How To Make It
- Wash and prepare all the ingredients and place into a large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and toss together.
- Why not try some of the following in your own salad creation: celery, radish, mushrooms, beansprouts, apple, red cabbage, red onion, carrot, sweetcorn.
- Serve with cold meat, oily fish, hard boiled egg, a small portion of grated cheese or a slice of pizza.