Melon, Apple And Prawn Cocktail
What You Need (serves 4)
- 2 galia melons (cut in half and de-seeded)
- 2 red apples (cored and chopped)
- 175g (7oz) prawns
- 60ml salad dressing of your choice
- Chopped parsley to garnish
How To Make It
- Scoop out the melon flesh, using a spoon if placing back in melon skin before serving, alternatively a sharp knife can be used.
- Mix the melon, apples and prawns with dressing.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves or pile mixture back into melon halves.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve chilled.
- A melon baller (Parisienne cutter) can be cheap to buy from cook shops, for a more professional finish.
- For a quick and easy Marie Rose dressing combine low fat mayonnaise with some tomato ketchup to the desired colour, add some Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice (optional) with some paprika for flavour.
- This makes an impressive starter for special occasions.
- Try using the cocktail mixture in a sandwich or jacket potato.