Cous Cous Salad
What You Need (serves 4)
- 200g (8oz) cous cous
- 50g (2oz) sultanas
- 680ml (1 pint) vegetable stock (try a low-salt stock cube)
- 4 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 6 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
How To Make It
- Place the cous cous and sultanas in a large bowl and pour over the hot stock. Set aside for 5 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed – mix with a fork to separate the grains.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spring onions and herbs.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Drizzle over the cous cous and toss lightly.
- Serve chilled.
- Cous Cous is a good alternative to rice and pasta.
- Serve hot with roasted vegetables for a tasty nutritious meal.
- Great for a packed lunch, add additional vegetables, cooked chicken, smoked mackerel etc.