Carrot And Corriander Soup
What You Need (serves 4)
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or olive oil
- 2 medium carrots (grated or cut into small pieces)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 celery sticks (chopped)
- 600ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
- 300ml (½ pint) orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
How To Make It
- Heat the oil, add the onion, garlic, carrot, tomatoes and celery.
- Cook until soft.
- Add the stock and seasoning.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the coriander and orange juice.
- Puree the soup in a blender, and reheat.
- Check the seasoning. Garnish with additional coriander and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe kindly provided by Grampian Dietitians.