Broccoli, Sweet Potato And Lemon Soup
What You Need (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or olive oil
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 small sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 250g (10oz) broccoli (chopped)
- ½ cm piece of ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock (try low-salt stock cubes)
- Lemon juice and seasoning to taste
How To Make It
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and carrot gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, broccoli, ginger and stock.
- Bring to the boil and cook for a further 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the soup and season with lemon juice and balck pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe kindly provided by Grampian Dietitians.