Tuna And Broccoli Pasta
What You Need (serves 4)
- 225g (9oz) pasta twists
- 175g (7oz) broccoli florets
- 400g (16oz) tuna in brine
- 50g (2oz) sunflower margarine
- 50g (2oz) plain flour
- 600ml (1 pint) semi-skimmed milk
- 75g (3oz) half-fat cheddar cheese or 50g (2oz) mature cheddar (grated)
- 25g (1oz) wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
How To Make It
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes, add the broccoli and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Flake the tuna in an ovenproof dish.
- In a separate pan make the white sauce. Melt the margarine. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the milk, a little at a time, taking care to stir well between additions.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Cook gently until the sauce thickens.
- Add half the cheese and season to taste.
- Spoon the pasta and broccoli mixture over the fish, cover with the sauce.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining cheese and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and crisp on top.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread.
Recipe kindly provided by the Grampian Dietitians.