Tomato, Leek And Bacon Rice
What You Need (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) of sunflower or olive oil
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125g (5oz) bacon chopped
- 400g (16oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 250g (10oz) long-grain rice
- 700ml (1½ pints) chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube and boiling water
- Black pepper
How To Make It
- Carefully heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the leeks, garlic and bacon for a few minutes until soft and starting to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, season and simmer until the rice is cooked and the stock has been absorbed.
- Stir and serve immediately.
Recipe kindly provided by the Community Dietitians of North East Wales NHS Trust.