What You Need
- Plain pizza bases (can be bought individually).
- Passatta sauce (thick tomato sauce, could use pureed canned tomatoes instead).
- Cheese (try reduced fat varieties)
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced onion
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced peppers
- Chopped olives
- Slices of lean ham, cooked chicken or cooked bacon, prawns or tuna flakes
- Cubes of pineapple
- Seasoning - mixed herbs, black pepper, garlic
Why not try experimenting with different toppings such as banana, grated carrot, sliced beans or baked beans!!
How To Make It
- Remove the pizza base from its packaging and spread a thin layer of the passatta/ tomato sauce (about ¼ inch thick) - leave about an inch space around the edge of the pizza as the sauce will spread.
- Prepare your chosen meat, fish and vegetable toppings, slicing them thinly or chopping them into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange on the pizza. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top, add seasoning like oregano or black pepper.
- Place the pizza on a baking tray and into the oven.
- Cook as recommended by the pizza base instructions.
- Serve with salad, vegetables or baked beans.
Recipe kindly provided by the Community Dietitians of North East Wales NHS Trust.