Cheesy Baked Fish
What You Need (serves 4)
- 4 fillets of white fish
- 4 tomatoes (sliced)
- 225g (9 oz) low fat plain fromage frais or natural yogurt
- 1 bunch spring onions (chopped)
- 100g (4oz) half-fat Cheddar cheese or 75g (3oz) mature Cheddar (grated)
- margarine or oil to grease dish
- Pepper to season
How To Make It
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Arrange the fish in a single layer in a lightly greased ovenproof dish.
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top of each fillet of fish, season with pepper.
- Mix the fromage frais or natural yogurt with the chopped spring onions and three-quarters of the cheese.
- Spoon the mixture over the fish and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Try serving with boiled or jacket potatoes and steamed seasonal vegetables, or crusty bread and salad.
Recipe kindly provided by the Grampian Dietitians.