What You Need (serves 4)
- 50g (2oz) no soak apricots (chopped)
- 1 eating apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey (optional)
- 568ml (1 pt) semi-skimmed milk or water
- 75g porridge oats
How To Make It
- Mix together apricots, apple and sugar or honey.
- Pour the milk or water into a saucepan and sprinkle on the oats.
- Bring to the boil, stirring continuously for 1 minute.
- Add the fruit mixture and simmer, stirring for about 3 minutes or until the porridge is thick.
- Serve hot.
- Porridge on its own makes an excellent breakfast or filling snack.
- For variety, add or top with some fresh or dried fruit, or a sprinkling of nuts or seeds.
- Porridge can be easily cooked in the microwave, take care to stop the cooking process frequently to stir and not to overcook.
Recipe kindly provided by the Grampian Dietitians.