Christmas Ice Cream Pudding
Simply dreamy, simply easy!
What you need
- 2 cups of dried mixed fruit
- ¾ cup of toasted almonds
- 1½ tsp of mixed spice
- 2 litres (4 pints) of low-fat soft scoop ice cream
- 60 ml (2 fld oz) of apple juice or brandy
How to make it
- Place fruit in a large mixing bowl, pour over the apple juice or the brandy and leave covered for a few hours for the fruit to soak this up.
- Add the almonds and mixed spice to the fruit mixture
- Fold in the ice cream (you may need to bring this out of the freezer for a little while for it to soften sufficiently)
- Meanwhile line a large pudding basin (2-3 litre) with cling film.
- Once mixed, spoon the mixture into the pudding basin and firm it down.
- Cover with cling film and return to the freezer overnight.