Christmas Fruit Crumble (serves 6)
Another tea-time favourite.
What you need
- 500g (1lb) cooking apples
- Thinly sliced or diced crystalised ginger
- 75g (3oz) flour
- 25g (1oz) oats
- 100g (4oz) soft brown sugar
- 50g (2oz) sunflower or olive oil based spread/margarine
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
How to make it
1. Preheat oven to 190oC / gas mark 5.
2. Rub spread into flour. Stir in 75g sugar and oats.
3. Peel and core apples. Slice apples and lay in baking dish. Add pieces of crystalised ginger. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixed with cinnamon on top.
4. Cover with crumble mixture and bake for 40 minutes or until browned.
5. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or dollop of low fat crème fraiche